1. Western & Southern intends to tear down the 5 buildings currently known as the Woodford building on 4th St in order to construct a new headquarters building that will be approximately the size of the Procter & Gamble headquarters across the street on 5th., 12-14 stories.
2. Western & Southern does not plan to demolish the Anna Louise Inn. It will be turned into a luxury, boutique hotel run by Marriott.
3. The Earl’s Building (the small Tudor next to the Anna Louise Inn) will become a restaurant that will open out onto the park with outdoor seating.
4. In 2015 Lytle Park will be closed for 2 years for the replacement of ventilation fans for the i-71 tunnel. All trees will have to be removed and replaced. Western & Southern has been involved with the future design for the new park and our Park Department is hoping that they will pay for the bulk of the 4-5 million dollar renovation. (Otherwise the city doesn’t have the money and it stays a mud pit.) Revenue from a specially created taxing district of property owners on the park will finance ongoing maintenance if all goes as planned.
5. Western & Southern intends to tear down their garage on 3rd St., as well as the houses on Arch Street, in order to build a residential/garage/office tower.
6. Western & Southern does not intend to make any major changes to the exteriors of the Police Building on Broadway or the building they own next to it. They have talked about an Italian restaurant in the police station. The University Club and the Academy of Medicine buildings, though they requested removal from the District, plan to maintain their buildings as they always have, to the highest of standards.